- Date Posted: July 10, 2017
- Closing Date: July 31, 2017
- Location: Vancouver/Surrey
- Hours of Work: Full-Time
We are currently hiring a Mobile Patrol Officer that will work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment. Reporting to our Vancouver Head Office, the Mobile Patrol Officer will conduct regular patrols within the greater Vancouver area, ensuring the safety and security of people and property.
*This position offers a Retention Bonus after 6 months of employment.
We currently have two openings available, one that will require candidates to work graveyard shifts the other is a day shift.
You’re a good fit if…
- You’re a night owl and are willing to work graveyard shifts
- You enjoy working outdoors – a little rain doesn’t hurt!
- You thrive in an independent work environment
Some of your tasks include:
- Conducting regular vehicle and foot patrols in commercial properties and public parks
- Unlocking/locking gates and checking surrounding areas
- Responding to alarms and all incidents requiring security intervention
- Ensuring that all incidents are properly recorded in the occurrence log/incident form
- Completing daily occurrence sheets, showing times and places of patrols, issues found and general state of areas being patrolled
- Contacting and liaising with police personnel if necessary
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- You have a valid BC Security License
- You have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
- You are able to clear a Criminal Background Check and have a 5-year living history in Canada (required for Government of Canada clearances)
- You have strong self-management, organization and entrepreneurial skills
- You are physically and mentally fit to perform all duties required
- You are fluent in English (written, verbal and reading)
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You have previous security experience