- Date Posted: January 18, 2016
- Closing Date:
- Location: Chilliwack
- Hours of Work: Full-Time and Casual; Mornings, Evenings, Graveyards
Full Time position – Afternoons and Graveyard Shifts: 14:00-22:00 and 22:00-06:00
Casual positions – Days, Afternoons and Graveyard Shifts: 06:00-14:00, 14:00-22:00 and 22:00-06:00
- Performing internal patrols and conducting daily resident counts;
- Maintaining applicable logs and passing on data with any applicable reports;
- Proactively responding and resolving emergency situations and conflicts.
- Responsible for official visitor and resident logs, resident count sheets, inmate sign in and out sheets
- Clearly writing daily logs and reporting of all incidents
- Enforcing and maintaining inmate curfews
- Effectively communicating problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor
- Excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge of and perform all duties with high safety standards
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- To be successful you must have resided in Canada for the last five years and not been out of the country for more than six months at a time in order to complete required security clearances.
- Have demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
- Completion of Occupational First Aid Level 1.
- Valid BC Driver’s license required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience working on computers.
- Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
- Positive attitude with professional demeanour and strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail to fulfill job duties and incident report writing.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.