- Date Posted: January 8, 2018
- Closing Date:
- Location: Burnaby
- Hours of Work: Nightshift, Evening Shift, Dayshift (24/7 hour site, including weekends and holidays)
- Salary/Wage: Competitive
Description: patrol/guard/security operations centre
Public Safety Canada is responsible for coordinating the activities of federal departments and agencies tasked with protecting Canadians and their communities, businesses and interests. Suitable candidates will:
- Meet and greet visitors and Site staff members
- Respond to inquiries in line with site access protocols
- Manage incoming calls, inquiries and pass along vital information
- Participate in Site Scenario Training, on-job-training and refresher training as required
- Ensure confidentiality for staff members and the site
- Maintain a safe environment for all personnel and the public
- Seek methods and procedures that will enhance site operations
- Carry out any other related duties as requested by the client or Site Supervisor
- Enforce security of site building
- Monitor the security cameras closely
- Respond to emergency situations by dispatching security personnel to the scene and following established security protocol
- Liaise with all security personnel on site regarding specific activities or concerns, reviewing situations through security camera system and reporting or advising of response required
- Maintain open communication with all security personnel on site and assigned to various posts
Who can apply:
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph examination, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Be of good character, sound mind, honest, trustworthy, reliable and capable of obtaining a Top Secret Clearance
- Top Secret Clearance information:
- For this process, Public Safety Canada will ask that you complete the security clearance application forms. Candidates are asked to ensure they have all family, residential, employment, and travel information from the last 10 years compiled in advance.
- 1 to 2 years experience within Commissionaires BC is considered an asset
- Hold a valid BC Drivers License and a Security License
- Possesses an OFA Level 1 Certificate or willing to obtain one
- Basic level computer skills with working knowledge in MS Office applications
- As this is a Federal government site, preference will be given to military/RCMP veterans or reservists
NOTE: While our candidates are in process of obtaining clearances, Commissionaires BC will provide contract or casual work.
CORE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- As these Sites are operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, candidates must be willing and available for nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Physically fit and able to walk on a regular basis in order to conduct internal patrols of floors and stairwells.
- Ability to manage stairs and walk long distances
- Ability to sit for more than 75% of each shift when required
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to think independently while following established policies and procedures
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Proficient report writing skills
Before submitting your interest, please carefully read the “INFORMATION ON THE SECURITY SCREENING” prepared by the department responsible for security assessments in relation to obtaining a Top Secret Security Clearance.