- Date Posted: February 7, 2017
- Closing Date:
- Location: Surrey
- Hours of Work: Full-Time, Part-Time & Casual
- Salary/Wage: Not Disclosing
RCMP “E” Division Headquarters (Green Timbers) site provides a central, integrated, purpose-built headquarters facility that accommodates 2,700 personnel. This vast structure is a 76,162 square-metre facility that includes 7 levels and is located in Surrey, BC. We are currently recruiting multiple Security Officers for this growing facility. We are accepting applications for full-time, part-time and casual/on-call work. Please note that an RCMP Clearance is required to work at this facility in which our client facilitates at no cost to you. Currently, the waiting time to obtain an RCMP Clearance is approximately 1-3 months.
- Meet and greet visitors and RCMP staff members
- Respond to inquiries in line with site access protocols.
- Manage and maintain the LIVESCAN fingerprint system (Green Timbers only).
- Participate in Site Scenario Training, on-job-training and refresher training as required.
- Ensure confidentiality for RCMP staff members and the site
- Maintain a safe environment for all personnel and the public.
- Actively seek methods and procedures that will enhance site operations.
- Carry out any other related duties as requested by the client or Site Supervisor.
- Directs visitors to specific areas of the site based on the purpose of the visit and in compliance with site access protocols
- Enforces security of site buildings, staff and parking lots.
- Closely monitors security cameras
- Responds to emergency situations by dispatching security personnel to the scene
- Liaises with all security personnel on site regarding specific activities or concerns, reviewing situations through security camera system and reporting or advising of response required
- Maintains open communication with all security personnel on site and assigned to various posts
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- A valid BC security license or be able to obtain one
- A valid RCMP reliability clearance or be able to obtain one
- Be of good character, sound mind, honest, trustworthy, reliable
- 1 to 2 years experience within Commissionaires BC is considered an asset
- Hold a valid BC Drivers License
- Possesses an OFA Level 1 Certificate
- Basic level computer skills with working knowledge in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of LIVESCAN fingerprint system is an asset
- Preference will be given to military/RCMP veterans
- As these Sites are operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, candidates must be willing and available for nights, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Fit and able to walk on a regular basis in order to conduct 2-hour internal patrols of floors and stairwells and 1-hour external patrols, twice per shift.
- Ability to negotiate stairs and walk long distances in all types of weather conditions
- When required – ability to sit for more than 75% of each shift
- Excellent communications (oral and written) skills
- Proficient report writing skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi task and work under pressure in a dynamic work environment
This position requires candidates to undergo an RCMP Clearance Process, which requires:
- 10 years of verifiable employment and addresses
- Thorough and intense investigation of past activities, associations and your character
- Examination of vices, dishonesty, and financial status