- Date Posted: June 2, 2016
- Closing Date:
- Location: Lower Mainland
- Hours of Work: Casual, Part-Time, Full-Time
As one of BC’s largest security organization, Commissionaires BC, provides comprehensive security solutions that integrate highly trained people and technology. We are the trusted name in security.
We are dedicated to providing employment for those who serve or have served in the Canadian Military, Allied Forces and RCMP.
We offer you benefits, a competitive industry start rate and flexibility. We have created a work environment that respects our team of professionals and provides opportunities for enriching skills and allowing commissionaires to achieve their personal goals. Once hired, we offer initial and on-going training to promote your highest level of professionalism.
We want to hear from you if you are – physically fit, highly reliable with strong customer service skills, possess excellent verbal and written English communications skills, hold a high school diploma, have good computer skills and are 19 years of age or older, with the ability to work well under pressure.
You will be expected to complete and obtain a criminal background check and enhanced security clearance. Note; if you have Basic Security Training or hold an Occupational First Aid (Level 1) certificate, and/or have a valid Security Licence it will be considered an asset!
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Former Canadian Forces (Regular / Reserve) service
- Basic Security License or willing to train and obtain one
- Customer service experience and good computer skills
- Clear criminal record and able to obtain Secret Security clearance (min 10 years verifiable history)
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School diploma, good physical health
- Willing and able to work irregular hours (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and holidays)
- Previous employment as a Security Guard an asset